According to the latest headlines flashing on the wires, Italy’s 5-Star Di Maio officially announced that the final government contract has been agreed upon and here are some of the key highlights of the programme.
• Includes “limited” deficit spending to boost growth.
• Calls for full activation of 1992 Maastricht objectives.
• Does not include call for QE debt to be excluded from debt calculations.
• Urges review of EU fiscal rules.
• Does not include any plans for Euro exit or referendum.
• Calls for compensation for small shareholders in banks going into resolution.
• Seeks end to Russian sanctions.